Woz说你们给教皇打了电话?
Yeah, we did call the Pope. He, uh, he pretended to be Henry Kissinger.
没错,他冒充基辛格给教皇打电话
And we get the number of the Vatican and we called the pope.
大家弄到梵蒂冈的电话号码,打电话给教皇
They started waking people up in the hierarchy, you know,like that.
教会的要紧人物逐个被叫醒
And they actually sent someone to wake up the Pope.
最后终于派人把教皇叫起来
When finally we burst out laughing they realized that we werent Henry Kissinger.
要不是大家憋不住哈哈大笑起来,他们还真以为是基辛格
And, so we never got the talk to the Pope but it was very funny, so...
虽然没跟教皇通上话,但实在是搞笑
So the jump from Blue Boxes to personal computers, what sparked that?
你们是如何从蓝盒子想到做个人电脑的?
Well, necessity.
这非常自然
In a sense that there was time sharing computers available,
当时Mountain View有分时共享计算机
and there was a time sharing company in Mountain View that we could get free time on.
大家可以免费上机
So, but we need is a terminal.
但大家需要一个终端
And we couldnt afford one. So we designed and built one.
买不起就自己动手设计制作
And that was the first thing we ever did, we built this terminal.
这个终端是大家的第一件作品
So what an Apple I was, was really an extension of this terminal,
Apple I是这台终端的扩展
putting a micro process around the back end.
它用微处置器代替了后台主机
That what it was. Its really a kind of two separate projects put together.
就像是把两个独立的项目整理在一块
So first we built the terminal and then we built the Apple I.
刚开始是做终端,然后才是Apple I
And we, we really built it for ourselves because we couldnt afford to buy anything.
自己动手做完全是由于大家买不起
And we scavenge parts here and there and stuff. And we built this all by hand.
大家四处采集零件,全部手工制作
I mean it take, you know, 40 to 80 hours to build one, and it would always be breaking cause all these little tiny wires.
做一台大概要40~80小时,那些小零件太难安装了
So it turned out that a lot of our friends want to build them, too.
后来周围不少朋友也想要



